play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
playlist_play chevron_left
chevron_left
  • play_arrow

    YO1 York Yo1 Radio York

  • cover play_arrow

    The YO1 Breakfast Crew chat to Miss York 2021 YO1 Radio

  • play_arrow

    Liz is talking to the ladies from Lollipop admin

  • play_arrow

    Liz is talking to the ladies from Lollipop admin

National News

Royal author jokes blunt Philip will not be an ideal hospital patient

todayFebruary 18, 2021 2

Background
share close

Duke of Edinburgh spends second night in hospital

The Duke of Edinburgh is spending a second night in hospital after he felt unwell and was admitted as a precaution. Philip is spending a few days in the private King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on the advice of his doctor.

The 99-year-old was admitted on Tuesday evening for “observation and rest” and is said to be in “good spirits”.

On Wednesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson sent his “best wishes” to the duke as he undergoes a period of rest.

Philip, who turns 100 on June 10, received a coronavirus jab in January and his illness is not Covid-related.

It is understood a doctor was called after the duke felt unwell for a short period and he was taken to hospital by car where he walked in unaided as a non-emergency admission.

Philip has spent the latest lockdown with the Queen at Windsor Castle where the monarch has remained working as normal.

Buckingham Palace previously said in a statement: “His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to King Edward VII’s Hospital in London on Tuesday evening.

“The duke’s admission is a precautionary measure, on the advice of His Royal Highness’s doctor, after feeling unwell.

“The duke is expected to remain in hospital for a few days of observation and rest.”

It is understood the decision to admit Philip was taken with an “abundance” of precaution.

Philip last had a spell in hospital when he spent four nights at the King Edward VII’s in December 2019, where he was treated for a “pre-existing condition” and discharged on Christmas Eve.

Published: by Radio NewsHub

Written by: YO1 Radio Web Team

Rate it

Previous post

National News

Facebook blocks news access in Australia as battle heats up

Facebook has blocked Australians from sharing news in a stunning act of retaliation against government moves to make the social media giant pay for Australian journalism. The move was seen as a milestone in the increasingly frantic jockeying between governments, media and powerful tech companies that one Australian minister called “an assault on a sovereign nation” and abuse of power. Australia’s government condemned the decision, which also prevented the sharing […]

todayFebruary 18, 2021 3


0%